[thelist] NN6.2 Javascript or CSS problem

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 19 10:36:00 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonas Bohlin <jonas at halogen.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 7:06 AM
Subject: RE: [thelist] NN6.2 Javascript or CSS problem

> It's har to know exactly what the problem is when you don't describe more
> closely what does happen, but I have an idea. If the browser leaves
remnants

TYME} I had thought that it would be better to show (see URL below) rather
than tell of the problem.

> of the layers that you show and hide, it's a screen redraw problem. try
> calling this function at the end of showServices()
>
> <tip type="JavaScript / DHMTL / Netscape 6" Author="Jonas Bohlin">
> /*
> forceRedraw is an uglyhack for netscape 6... it forces the screen to
> redraw itself (in lack of a working onpaint-event) so that residue
graphics
> dissapear, stuff that remained invisible or partly invisible shows up and
> things that were moved but kinda stayed in place are actually moved.
>
> example: forceRedraw(document.getElementById("Container"))
> or: forceRedraw(document.body)
> */
> function forceRedraw(oToChange){
> var oStyle = oToChange.style
> var sOldColor = oStyle.backgroundColor
> var sSetColor = (sOldColor=="rgb(0,0,0)")?"#FFFFFF":"#000000";
> oStyle.backgroundColor = sSetColor
> oStyle.backgroundColor = sOldColor
> }
> </tip>

TYME} Didn't seem to make any difference.  Perhaps I did not use the
function correctly.  That file is: http://www.no-pun.com/!navbutton.js.  I
applied it to a different site to test.  Anyone mind having a look to help
determine the NN6.2 problem.  Again, works as planned in IE4, IE5, IE6, and
NN6.0 -- even with my hacked JS code. http://www.no-pun.com/

Tyme

So,