[thelist] Base resolution?

Faye Tarzwell(FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Tue Feb 19 13:15:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I know this has been discussed many times before but since I read about
Microsoft excluding the 640X480 resolution from its new OS I now wonder
how this has changed the way we design pages....
I mean...of course we should aim for a liquid design that will
accomodate all resolutions but whenever the format doesn't allow for a
liquid design what resolution do you all use as base?
Do you still target the layout design for a 640X480 resolution or you go
with the majority 800X600?
Should we all have the 800X600 as "the" base resolution for design
considering a general audience (if that actually exists)?
Just a few thoughts to ponder....

--
Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)