[thelist] DIV positioning with CSS and NS4 bug

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 20 10:57:01 CST 2002

Mark Howells wrote:
>>Anyone know offhand if NS4.x is a lost cause with DIV/CSS
[...]
> Absolutely not. I wrote about this subject on this list last week and
> subsequently transferred the article into my own site at
> <http://www.mark.ac/web/cssnn4.php>. The following example sites have been

Mark beat me to the punch because I was looking for that article's link
(and Mozilla crashed). A couple addition's to Mark's article would be:
  - try to avoid using inline styles with NN4, keep them all in the head
or in a separate file
  - you may find appyling "border: none" to layers that aren't behaving
properly will help

Another Mark (Newhouse) has a NN4-friendly template that includes a
footer (also from the CSS Discuss List):
<http://homepage.mac.com/iblog/nn4_3col_header.html>

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila