[thelist] Front Page - does it suck?

taracleveland at sympatico.ca taracleveland at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 20 12:25:00 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have a client that was told by someone else to use Front Page to update a
site that I created for her last year. Unfortunately, it was not created
with Front Page in mind at all.

I'm having a meeting with her to discuss the updating and changes that she
wants. She wants to use Front Page (she's the only one that'll be doing the
updates), but it seems that the only reason she wants to use it is because
she bought it and spent $$ on it. I think it'll cost more for her to pay me
to convert the site into a Front Page usable site than it did for the
software.

I know there are drawbacks and advantages to Front Page, but as I've not
used it for awhile, I'm not sure what it is like now. I found FP98 torturous
to use, I'm not sure how much it has improved (or not). Her budget is very
small - so we can't buy fancy expensive content management solutions.

So what are your experiences with Front Page? What advice can you give me
that I can use to try and convince her to use a better solution?

Thanks,
Tara Cleveland

--
Tara Cleveland