[thelist] Styling Input type="File"

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Wed Feb 20 12:31:01 CST 2002

Hi,
<<----- Original Message -----
<<From: ".jeff" <jeff at members.evolt.org>

<<got a version of this somewhere that actually works (ie, the form will
<<upload a chosen file)?  i ask this because we had some discussion over
this
<<"technique" here on thelist recently about how it seemed to work until you
<<actually tried to use the form.

<<start with the thread here:
<<http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020114/thread.html#65651

I used it in a windows app that converts image-map data to SVG. I used the
<input> to load the saved SVG file into an IFrame.
This was an HTA that was run on the client only, so no post to the server is
needed.
I'm surprised posting doesn't work, as the input's value is set to the
file-name after selecting - good to know for the future though.

The code I used to get the input's value was:

function showSVG(){
     fileLoader.click();
     window.frames['oSVGLoader'].location.href=fileLoader.value
}

Cheers,
Richard.