[thelist] dreamweaver 4

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Feb 20 19:16:11 CST 2002

At 2:45 AM 2/20/2, sergio ribeiro wrote:
> i started with a trial downloaded version and because the program is
> splendid i started to buy a few books last week, for my suprise this
> wek the program expired and i am not aloud to run the trial version...

Sorry, that's right, the trial versions do work for a certain amount of
time, and we currently can't reset them. Here's more info:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/service/trial.html

(At one time in the past Macromedia trial versions had a wrapper which
could be reset, but the company which made the trial wrappers could no
longer afford to stay in business, and the only trial software remaining
cannot be reset like that.)

It's great that you're interested in this field, and that you can also
afford a computer and net access for your work. I'd second Veronica's
suggestion of starting with a text editor... you wouldn't be able to do a
lot, very quickly, but it's a great way to get established and start
getting paying work to afford a more efficient toolset.

(In my own case I had bought software before I could afford a computer,
just so I could read the manuals in between practice times on someone
else's machine... if you've got your own computer already, then you're
ahead of where I was...!  ;-)

jd