[thelist] content management systems?

Philippe Jadin all at 123piano.com
Thu Feb 21 02:41:00 CST 2002

matt newell wrote:

>i was hoping to solicit any reviews of corporate or enterprise class CMS
>systems that any of you have had experience with -- hopefully centering on
>implementation and general risk assessment.
>
>i've personally delt with interwoven quite a bit in the past and have no
>immediate desire to spend 6 digits worth of time and pain for such little
>reward. some of the contenders i've been eyeing include the microsoft cms,
>atomz publisher, plumtree, fat wire and zope ... others?
>
>would love to hear what you all have seen ...

I use Zope as a "all in one" replacement of a custom made php solution.
Altough it is not an out of the box cms, using for example the cmf
(content management framework) can help a lot to build something on top
of it.

Imho all cms'es require a lot of customization anyway, so it's better to
roll you own tool using something like zope which lets you "construct"
an app. using differents building blocks.

Philippe