[thelist] OT S3Trio64 graphics card not suported by win2000?

Richard Bennett leadbed at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:12:02 CST 2002

Hi,
Thanks Michael, David, Vic and Olly.
I think it might not be the driver causing the problems, I installed the
S3mini.sys driver, which was installed ok, but the card gives an error, with
the message:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Click Troubleshooter to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I think the problem might be because the card is in the first PCI slot, but
in the APG slot I have a matrix dual-head card.
This was working ok under winME - but not under win2k anymore.

I thought it might be a conflict thing, but under "Resources" it just says:

"This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem"

I tried to different S3 cards, with the same result.

Thanks,
Richard.