[thelist] New Post : Working w/ NPO's

Dayn Riegel @ NYAD, Inc. kichigai at jointhe.net
Thu Feb 21 18:16:24 CST 2002

Hello evolt'ers!

More and more I find myself submitting Proposals to Non-Profit/
Not-For-Profit groups. Most of them are not necessarily "asking"
for a discount, per se but I am sure they would appreciate such
a deal.

My question here is two-fold. The first part being perhaps easier
to parlay and the second not-so easy.

Q1:  If you were approached by an actual "NPO" and you knew
         w/ some degree of clarity and certainty that they had a
         "fixed" budget and were doing honest good to help the
         community they were sworn to help *would* you give them
         a better-than-fair/average discount? Greater than 10%?
         More than 20%? 25%?

Q2:  This somewhat complements the above because I have been
         approached to do a 50 - 250 page site where we'll be using
         some heavy duty technology and what not. The site is also
         given to a simple, time frame for completion -- simple in that
         the contract must be fulfilled w/in 30 days. Less, actually.

         So my question really is do you charge more because there
         is the rush? Charge less because they are an NPO? Charge
         the same?

Feel free to ask questions off-line or on as I am more than curious
how others feel about this matter. The money is certainly there, and
the job is certainly mine. Just a matter of the final bill.

Thanks all and I appreciate any comments and/or feedback!

Oh, and if anyone has experience w/ sites this large I'd love to hear
what you normally would charge. The site will have an internal site
search function, email-based and online newsletters, directory
listings of all the local companies and what not, etc. Quite extensive.

Oh, also... Maybe this would help -- I pulled together a simple site
map -- http://www.uptownshelby.org/Dev/sitemap.html .

-_- D.

                         --------
          NYAD, Inc. Computers, Internet & Networks
         924 Stone Mill Run, Lawrenceville, GA 30045
           Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
                   Voice/Fax: 770-822-6030

*The contents of this email are strictly confidential and
for the recipient only.