[thelist] Credit Card Transactions

Marty Landman marty at face2interface.com
Thu Feb 21 18:44:01 CST 2002

At 01:17 PM 2/22/02 +1300, you wrote:

>I am wanting to add a simple form to buy tickets to a website -- allowing
>credit card transactions.  I haven't done any credit card transaction coding
>before :)  I don't want to install a large shopping cart, just find some
>good, reliable, (lightweight) secure code to do the job.

If you have access to a secure server i.e. can use https instead of http
for the form page then the CC data will be collected securely. However if
you then email this in clear text you may be asking for trouble.

I write shopping carts and ecommerce sites. For a low end implementation
like this what I do is encrypt the CC info on the server then send an email
to the webmaster. The email contains a secure link with a password on it
and they get the CC info from the screen; it is simultaneously deleted from
the server. This has worked well for a number of my clients over the years
and is pretty easy to do... though I don't know of any open source versions.

hth,

Marty

SIMPL(tm) Content Management & WebSite Creation
http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml
Complementary Color Picker: http://face2interface.com/WebSafe