[thelist] coding required form fields to work with Javascript turned off

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sat Feb 23 08:06:01 CST 2002

Veronica -

I see. I already have error messages written into the CF code on that page, but only for the last two fields on the form (not for the user's personal information input...name, address, blah,blah). The programmer who originally wrote the code (and who is no longer around) apparently never built any into the code for these fields. I presumed he had. It wasn't until I started testing with javascript turned off that it became oh so obvious. Oh, boy.

My knowledge is about 0+ for CF but have been attempting a crash course in CF basic tweaking (ha, ha).

Thanks for your input.

Sharon