[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sat Feb 23 12:43:01 CST 2002

>Actually, if you look closely, he didn't spell it the same any time.  While
>I've never been too fond of people trotting him out as the
>end-all-and-be-all of usability, I also don't consider his meta info as
>"spamming."

Although I'd be pissed if I was someone that actually spelled his
name with one of the Usit J.N.'s misspellings in the keywords, this
isn't what I was refering to.

In the stylesheet http://www.useit.com/useit_style.css there's a class:
.microtext {font-size: 10% ; }

Which is used to create page content too small to read by human eyes.

Clearly an attempt to subvert the efforts of search engines to
provide relevant results.

The only place I see it used on now is http://www.useit.com/jakob/
... but have a fuzzy memory of it being used elsewhere as well - my
memory could be wrong though.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/