[thelist] Tip

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 12:56:01 CST 2002

> > Very very cool.
>
> Indeed!
>
> > Win+D = show desktop; toggles to 'restore all windows'
> > Win+E = open Windows Explorer
> > Win+F = find (or search)
> > Win+H = onscreen keyboard
> > Win+M = minimize all windows
> > Win+R = run (same as Win, then 'R')
> > Win+U = accessibility utilities
>
> How about Win+L to logoff :) ('Switch Users' in case of XP)
>
> Plus there are the usual ones that most people know, like:
> ALT + TAB (changing focused windows... the most handy of them
> all) ALT + F4 to close a window etc
>
> So, any more good ones? (I must have missed the thread Joel
> mentioned... going to check the archives)
>
> Thanks(!),
> Lauri

Theres a bunch mentioned on my site :
http://www.cache-22.co.uk/index.php?m=01&y=02

Most already been mentioned, but a few new uns in there.

Windows: Opens the Start menu
Windows + D: Minimizes or restores all windows
Windows + E: Opens Windows Explorer
Windows + F: Open the File Finder
Windows + Ctrl + F: Opens Search for computer
Windows + F1: Opens the Help and Support Center
Windows + R: Opens the Run dialog box
Windows + break: Open the System Properties dialog box
Windows + shift + M: Reverses minimize all windows
Windows + tab: moves the focus through taskbar buttons
Windows + L: Locks the workstation (or switchs to the Logon screen when
Fast User Switching is available)
Windows + U: Open Utility Manager (has Windows Narrators and some other
access tools)

--
R.Livsey
[ PHP | Perl | mySQL | Java ]