[thelist] PWS as a Webserver

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Sun Feb 24 22:46:36 CST 2002

Dave,

Re cgi scripts, you've installed some version of Perl, right? ActivePerl,
which I have, has some documentation on tweaking some things for Windows (or
at least on a Win2K box).

Once you get cgi scripts running locally, you can certainly run them from
your LAN before uploading them to a remote server.

And re Apache, version 1.3.x certainly runs fine on a Win98 box (recommended
only for production/testing, not deployment though).

I have buried in my hard drive somewhere a very good article on installing
PWS, Apache, Perl and (I think) PHP on a Win98 platform. If you want a copy,
send me an email and I'll forward it on.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
http://www.OnPointSolutions.com