[thelist] Flash: Emulating PP in 3 movies (repost)

Michael Galvin michael at sourcedesign.ie
Mon Feb 25 04:00:00 CST 2002

Hi

I'm not sure what happened to my original post -- it's in theList archives,
but I don't remember seeing it being sent to me, so chances are nobody else
received it.

I have 3 Flash movies which I am loading in sequence.  Each movie acts like
a PP presentation, in that you can click on the left side of the movie to go
back a frame, and the right side to move forward.  I have the problem
whereby when I reach the start of, say, the 3rd movie, I'd like to move back
to the second-last frame of the second movie.  Same from 2nd movie to 1st
movie.  The last frame of the 1st and 2nd movies are load statements for the
next movie.

I don't know how to go about to doing this.  I have no idea of how loading
swf files to replace MCs on the main timeline works, or anything like that.
Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Galvin