[thelist] javascript forms

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:02:00 CST 2002

>As far as I know innerHTML is proprietary Microsoft, so it will only work
>in IE or other browsers that support the method.  This would exclude NN.

Originally it is MS proprietary but other browsers (Netscape 6, Konqueror)
also support it because it's so very, very useful.

> >>The only problem is when I use this:
> >><option value=two selected>Two
> >>Then the second dropdown doesn't show when you load the page.

As to writing options to a select, the DOM way (createElement('option') and
so on) does not work in Explorer 5 on Mac. It would be best to follow the
traditional approach, see
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?options.html for a code example.

ppk