[thelist] Apache server on a Win98 operating system [was PWS as a Webserver]

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Mon Feb 25 11:19:02 CST 2002

> I think you can find that at comanche.org

Find Apache Wrapper there? I don't think so. I was all over that site the
other day looking for support on installing Comanche, a GUI for Apache.

<tip type="apache web server">

Want to use the Comanche GUI for managing your Apache installation? On a
Win2K box, you need to install Apache first /as a service/, not in console
mode. Otherwise Comanche won't work at all.

On a Win9x/ME box, this isn't an option and so I don't think Comanche will
run at all on those platforms.

</tip>

FWIW, Comanche's kind of interesting, but it doesn't really help much with
setting up Apache. You still need to understand the meaning of the relevant
configuration settings before changing them in the GUI. And if you do have
that understanding, I think it's easier simply to edit the httpd.conf file
by hand.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s