[thelist] non-greedy javascript regex in mac

Bill Lovett bill at ilovett.com
Mon Feb 25 13:00:00 CST 2002

Is there a javascript regex master in the house? I'm parsing an xml
file on the client side and running into a greediness problem. I know
that I can get a non-greedy match on a pc by using ?, but this doesn't
seem to work from IE mac. Has anyone else run into this before?

I know of at least one js library out there aimed at xml parsing, xml
for script, but it's really  really slow on a mac (the dom parser, at
least) and regular expressions seemed like the best alternative. If
anyone has other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

-bill