[thelist] VBScript - Multidimensional Array Sorting?

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Mon Feb 25 13:01:00 CST 2002

Try the following site;
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/
I have had array issues before and had them resolved by posting a question
there before.  I did a quick search on the site and only saw 2 dimensional
arrays.  BUT, I know that one of the guys who works on the site is an array
God.  If he can't answer it, it can't be answered.

If you don't get an answer there, let me know.  I will hook you up with him.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Kogler
Subject: [thelist] VBScript - Multidimensional Array Sorting?

I've got a 3-dimensional array in VbScript, and I need to sort this
stupid thing. All the google-ing in the world has only turned up the
same example over and over:

<beware the wrap>
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?lngWId=4&txtCo
deId=6482
</wrap>

Basically, I've got an array of filenames in mm-dd-yyyy format, and I'd
like to sort it so it's descending order on yyyy-mm-dd. I can't figure
out how to do this, and the code linked above doesn't seem to like me
very much.

Anyone out there have a multi-dimensional array sort already written? It
only needs to handle 3 dimensions at the most, so it doesn't need to be
*too* robust or anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-kenKogler