[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 17:00:01 CST 2002

>> Subject:    RE: [thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]
>> ...how easy it is to whitepaper one's
>> way into gurudom these days though..

>  Really? Anyone here tried it? Maybe the 'easy way to gurudom' takes a few
> decades
> of *real* research before you start writing the whitepapers...

Martin:

I wasn't attacking Jakob, but rather (and you'll note my admission to tongue
being firmly in cheek in my prior appraisal) I was musing about the EFA
effect... "expert from afar" and how clients love to give more credence to the
writings of whomever is not right in front of them every day.

I *was* however throughly trashing the practice of using scorecards as gospel,
assuming they apply 100% to every business case. And it looks like (according
to your quote) Jakob is one who actually recognizes that shortcoming in the
analyst/guru field. +1 for him.

/rg