[thelist] Flash: Emulating PP in 3 movies (repost)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 20:30:01 CST 2002

> From: Michael Galvin <michael at sourcedesign.ie>
>
> I'm not sure what happened to my original post -- it's in theList
> archives, but I don't remember seeing it being sent to me, so chances
> are nobody else received it.

dunno... i usually skip Flash ones now since there are others here who are
vastly more talented than i with Flash...

> I have 3 Flash movies which I am loading in sequence.  Each movie acts
> like a PP presentation, in that you can click on the left side of the
> movie to go back a frame, and the right side to move forward.  I have
> the problem whereby when I reach the start of, say, the 3rd movie, I'd
> like to move back to the second-last frame of the second movie.  Same
> from 2nd movie to 1st movie.  The last frame of the 1st and 2nd movies
> are load statements for the next movie.
[...]

you're calling movies, but are the movies replacing the buttons that navigate
between them as well?

if not, why can't the buttons link to a specific frame?  Flash is no longer on
this machine, but i know you can call a specific frame... perhaps if you want
the movie to sit statically after you call it, you add a frame *after* the one that
loads the next movie... this new frame can just sit there, since the call to the
other movie happens one frame prior...

this is, of course, assuming i understand the problem...