[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

Peter Van Dijck peter.vandijck at vardus.com
Tue Feb 26 08:31:01 CST 2002

On a more general note, I have often been shocked by the lack of real world
knowledge of web stuff by people in the industry. For example, I mentioned
to the new techie head of the technology department in a web development
shop with over 15 programmers that their sites should really be accessible
with or without the www. (as a rule), and he had never heard of such a
thing.

Another example: some usability people with an academic background I've met
that work in web development don't know the first thing about the how the
web works.
Peter