[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Feb 26 09:44:01 CST 2002

On 05:17 AM 2/26/2002, martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com said to me:
> >Other than that the "facts" he uses to support his criticism are
> >incorrect and that he mistakes bad use of Flash as something that's
> >inherent to Flash itself,
>
>If Flash developers are incapable of producing anything but bad
>Flash, then that's not a valid distinction - if all (or near all) Flash is
>bad Flash, then it's indistinguishable from an inherant property
>of Flash. Certainly the Flash on the home page of http://www.gozz.com
>is confusing as hell - is that supposed to be Good Flash?

Erg.  I have to say that I hate this kind of navigation.  It doesn't make
immediate, obvious sense to users (me, included): the mouse moves in one
direction and the navigation moves in the exact opposite?  It is contrary
to how navigation should work.

And, yes, it makes me mad how Apple does it in the OS X dock (fortunately,
I have turned the enlarging of icons off).  I hated how I would aim for
Eudora and accidentally open the IRC client.  You make more mistakes when
you are aiming at a moving target.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.