[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Feb 26 10:41:01 CST 2002

> >Certainly the Flash on the home page of http://www.gozz.com
> >is confusing as hell - is that supposed to be Good Flash?
>
> Erg.  I have to say that I hate this kind of navigation.

I like it. I think it's cool.

Now, out of those surveyed, at least 33% (me) have found it's good, and 66%
(Martin & Ben) found it bad. What does that mean? Not much, except that so
far we've discussed the issue as a matter of taste. So much of the
discussion is related to the web as a medium vs. the web as a communication
service.

Other things this point may bring to question that are not taste-oriented:

= It is certainly necessary for government-funded service-oriented sites to
be as usable and accessible as possible.
= It is certainly necessary for sites who wish to open their doors to as
many humans as possible to be as usable and accessible as possible.
= Is it necessary for ALL sites to be as usable and accessible as possible?

BH