[thelist] App to forward mail without downloading first

George Dillon <> Evolt! evolt at georgedillon.com
Tue Feb 26 10:50:01 CST 2002

I have an urgent need to forward a 3MB message from one pop3 box to a new
address, but for various reasons (mainly a dial-up thing) I don't want to
jave to download it and then send it from my machine - I'd just like to tell
the server to send it on.

The host's browser-based control panel offers such an option but right now
it's screwed - won't accept my password to open the mailbox... but I CAN
access the mailbox using various inbox 'screening' type programs (e.g.
Mailwasher or email remover).

Does anyone know of a Windows email app. which will enable me to forward the
thing without downloading it first?  [Is this even possible without fiddling
with the server configuration - which I can't?] ... Preferably freeware,
though trailware would serve my purpose for now.

TIA

George Dillon

<tip type="Freeware anti-spam email screening apps.">

I've mentioned it before but...

Mailwasher

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Another new version of Mailwasher (1.28) is out and it keeps getting better.

Mailwasher examines the headers of your mail from multiple email
accounts. It will automatically mark suspected spam for bouncing/deletion
using an easily configurable filter/blacklist system.  You can also preview
messages (even HTML) and decide their fates manually... and more.

Not exactly freeware, but pay what you can over $3 to remove the small
'please pay for this' window.

Simple, cheap... and very effective.

Alternatively...

Email Remover

http://eremover.bizhosting.com/

Is FREEWARE and lets you simply and very quickly blast the mail you don't
want before downloading the rest.

</tip>