[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Tue Feb 26 11:29:01 CST 2002

>Is it necessary for all sites to meet a standard level of usability AND
>acessability? And if not, why not? If so, why so?

clearly this is a matter of the audience and project requirements.

if the client is selling skateboards to 15-yr-old boys with cable modems, by
all means, make the site all flash with pounding electronica. that would be
perfect. if the client demands a certain look or effect, then you have to go
for it.

if your client is a public health information agency, then obviously. . .

as you surely know, there is no one perfect answer to your questions; the
specific project, its audience, and infrastructure must dictate the best
solution. i love flash myself. but i rarely use it, because it's not
appropriate for the audience our sites are usually aimed at.