[thelist] Good examples of corporate sites

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Feb 26 11:40:01 CST 2002

On 11:12 AM 2/26/2002, David Kutcher said to me:
> > Most of them are due to the omission of ALT text, which means that all
> > of the links show as [LINK] rather than anything meaningful in Lynx.
>
>Does anyone still use lynx?  realistically?  or is that spending extra k to
>appease one half of one percent?

But Lynx isn't the only situation where alt attributes are used.  They are
also needed for accessible browsers, screen readers, braille readers, when
users have images turned off and of course text browsers (like Lynx).

And, seriously, how much more time does it take to add alt="Caterpillar" to
images?  Almost zilch if you do it as you go...

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.