[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Tue Feb 26 12:17:07 CST 2002

From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
> ~ td align=centre (canadians won't see what's wrong)

Ok, you actually got me to LOL for real.. I had to re-read it a couple of
times to see what was "wrong" ;-)

As for taking a test for a job, it may just be the local market here, and I
know what we're discussing is for entry-level, but at a senior level, it's
just not done.

I know the market here is small, and we all sorta know each other, but I've
told interviewers that I wouldn't do a test. If he couldn't figure out my
level by talking to me, then I wasn't interested in the company. (I said
that before going to the interview, not during). I did get the interview,
didn't get the job but the main reason is that the position got cancelled.
(the whole project in fact).