[thelist] Good examples of corporate sites

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Tue Feb 26 12:31:10 CST 2002

>> Most of them are due to the omission of ALT text, which means that all
>> of the links show as [LINK] rather than anything meaningful in Lynx.
>
> Does anyone still use lynx?  realistically?  or is that spending extra k to
> appease one half of one percent?

Lynx is a common test bed for accessibility (at least by members of the
development lists I'm subscribed to) and it's a pretty good indicator of how
a site fares in a stripped-down browser, or a browser with images and
Javascript turned off.

The point is that code shouldn't need to be hacked to work in any browser,
but should be built using HTML / CSS etc in the way in which it was
intended.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>