[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

Richard Bennett leadbed at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:43:01 CST 2002

Hi,
"Mark Howells" <mark at mountain.ch> wrote in message
news:B8A17760.DFB%mark at mountain.ch...
> > I would think <strong> and "align" and "bgcolor" should be expressly
> > avoided?
>
> Yes to align and bgcolor, but why <strong>? It's a recommended tag that is
> used for emphasis in non-visual browsers too -- not to mention the fact
that
> <b> was deprecated in HTML 4.
>
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/struct/text.html#h-9.2.1>

I was unaware of that - I interpreted <strong> to be in the same category as
<i> or <b>,  as it seemed more concerned with presentation than with
structure.
There is also quite a bit of disinformation and confusion around about this
tag, to which my previous post has obviously contributed.

Cheers,
Richard.

//sent from news://fuseware.com/evolt