[thelist] Form Text Area Paste from Outlook Problem

ADOLPH TRUDEAU ATRUDEAU at NMSSLONESTAR.org
Tue Feb 26 15:28:00 CST 2002

Hi,
I have people pasting text from outlook into a web form. The text is not
being picked up by the responding script. This is giving me a headache with
an asp script but I have noticed it once before with cold fusion. It seems
as if this is happening because outlook is pasting some offending special
character in the text box. Has anyone out there encountered this/found a
fix? I'm just getting started researching a fix, so any input would be
helpful.

Background: This is for a non-profit donation page, for the Houston to
Austin MS 150, www.ms150.org, a charity fundraising bike tour. Donors first
arrive at a page with inputs for donation amount, rider name, rider email,
and text space for some other identifying information about the rider. Since
this is all manually matched into an ancient offline database, the comments
field is used for additional identifying information about the rider. Often
times, the rider will email potential donors with a link to the donation
page. Donors are pasting in from that email and the form chokes on them.

Thanks,
Adolph