Liquid layouts and holy warfare (WAS RE: [thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing])

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Tue Feb 26 16:07:01 CST 2002

Heh... a completely different Holy War (TM)!

FWIW, this is why 'liquid' sites bug the hell out
of me.  Usability, to my mind, ought to pay some
attention to well-established design 'laws'
regarding the optimal width of text columns.

As someone who more or less always works in
1024x768 or (in richer days) higher resolution,
generally speaking liquid layouts are unreadable
to me.

But I'm in a minority round here.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com