[thelist] Tip

Syed Zeeshan Haider zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 03:37:01 CST 2002

Hi Joel,
Thank you for some very useful information.
I am using Windows 98 SECOND EDITION. I tried to use Win+H and Win+U but
both of these shortcuts did not work. Can you tell me, Why?

<tip author="Syed Zeeshan Haider" type="JavaScript Variables">
When you are going to write a lengthy and complex JavaScript code, then
it is very likely to encounter a large number of variables. Because of
large number of variables, authors often confuse and they encounter
JavaScript errors related to variables. To avoid such problems take a
pen or pencil and a paper before writing your JavaScript code. Then list
all possible variables on the paper. Declare all these variables in the
very first line of your code.
Consider this example:

<script>
var a, b, c, d,        // and onwards...
//your remaining codes goes here
</script>

Put this paper beside your computer while writing code. By this it will
be easy for you to keep track of all variables and you will prevent a
lot of scrolling.
Don't hesitate to write any more variables on the paper (if needed) but
don't forget to add ne variables to the very first line (where you
declared all your variables) of your JS.
</tip>
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/