[thelist] Moving to an Option in Multiple Selection

Jason Bauer jbauer at mtu.edu
Wed Feb 27 10:26:29 CST 2002

I have a long multiple selection box in a form I'm building. We have 8 or
so options selected by default. However, the selected options are near the
bottom of the list. So, when the select is displayed, you can't tell that 8
items are already selected.

I need to find a way to have the select box scroll down to the first
pre-selected item. I can make the select scroll to the any item using
JavaScript, but then it deselects the preselected items.

Does anyone know how to make a select display item N but keep still keep
all of the pre-selected items in tact? Thanks!

Notes:
Cross-Browser isn't too much of an issue, this is an internal site.
To see the select box and the code I have already, go to
http://www.mtf.mtu.edu/test/gotoselect.php

---
Jason Bauer
jbauer at mtu.edu