[thelist] Tips

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Wed Feb 27 10:33:01 CST 2002

I learnt valuable lessons after doing my first extranets and intranets -
very valuable lessons.
:-)

cheers

paul
I think you've been looking over my shoulder -- I've just been doing
exactly this for an intranet! If you have sections of the site that are
accessible to different groups of users, think about adding another couple
of tables:

tblPageGroup: PGID (primary key), PGtitle
tblPageAccess: PGID, GId

Then you can give certain groups access to certain pages by creating
records in tblPageAccess. Makes for a very robust and flexible system,
especially if you combine it with a set of generic functions for checking
access rights and redirecting to "Not allowed" pages if appropriate.