[thelist] Java Question [ OT ? ]

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Wed Feb 27 15:47:00 CST 2002

Thanks all for the quick reply. At first I thought about creating a simple
batch file, and running the command from there using (hopefully), a
correctly defined path to the JVM on the end user's computer. The problem
with that approach was what if someone with a Mac downloads my application?
Then my DOS centric batch file would be useless (the flight sim that I am
writing this for also has a strong Mac following). Creating the shell in
C++/VB and then tethering it to the java application seems to be in
opposition to the write once, run anywhere mantra.

On the same topic, any Mac people know if AppleScript can execute commands
in the mac....err...shell? Or is Java natively supported. Can you click on
a class file on the Mac and have it run?

Thanks for the help,
Burhan Khalid