[thelist] other country domain names

Mike Hardaker mike at angloinfo.com
Thu Feb 28 01:15:00 CST 2002

For France (.fr) you need to be a French legal entity - such as a business -
with a registered name that matches (or nearly matches) your domain name.

So I, for example, can get angloinfo.fr (as my business is registered as
"AngloINFO" in France), but I can't get mikes-home-page.fr.

An overseas company (AFAIK) will need a registered French subsidiary or branch
office to get access to the appropriate domain name.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Hardaker
Founder & Publisher - AngloINFO