[thelist] On behalf of

niamh conaty niamhcarmel at dublin.com
Thu Feb 28 07:42:01 CST 2002

>People are using arguments about time and cost to implement, which is truly sad.

>Not just sad, but unnecessary and often an attempt to cover up poor
workmanship in the first place.

>If you've developed your site right to start with, there's no redevelopment
cost.

While I think you can't call yourself a professional if you don't consider accessiblity a concern, it's not always as easy as you think. As someone who works on a large news site that has existed for years, I don't have the luxury starting from scratch. I also don't update the site content, and appeals for alt tags often go unheard.

Don't mean to moan, but I have to say I find the w3c website hard to follow when I'm trying to keep in touch guidelines.

<tip type="Accessibility Training" author="Niamh">
There's a free online Accessibility Training Event taking place throughout April for anyone interested. Not a plug - I'm not involved. Information can be found at:

http://webaim.org/training2002/
</tip>

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup