[thelist] how to plan a working day?

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Thu Feb 28 08:33:00 CST 2002

One tip I personally use (apart from, as Bill suggested "lists, lists,
lists") is to balance up the things that you have planned to do, so that
during a day or a week you have some major jobs, plus a few less large jobs
and some small, but necessary jobs. That way if you feel your todo list is
taking for ever to reduce in size you can focus on a few small tasks, get
them out the way and make a noticeable cut in the size of your list.

Apart from that, we use a in-house developed system that helps track todo
items against prospects and clients, plus weekly lists of the coming jobs
and then posts-it notes etc for setting up the daily reminders. Lists,
lists, lists!

.steve