[thelist] Jakob Nielsen /FLASH.

dan donaldson dan at omnivore.ca
Thu Feb 28 09:33:01 CST 2002

On Thursday, February 28, 2002, at 01:23  AM, Daniel E. Boen wrote:

> Oh - remember, I said *mostly* in jest.   Dan Donaldson, your "rice
> bowl"
> remarks earn you a giant Dickhead sticker across your, uh, dickhead.

I wonder how many people feel you undermined an otherwise well-made
argument with this outburst? I think it's well understood that when your
interlocutor causes you to abandon argument for ad hominem attack, that
person has defeated you.

It seems that emotions for you, like Erik, get in the way of discussion.
Perhaps you'd like to rethink your intemperate remark, or should I just
consign your further comments to the 'excitable foolishness' pile?

[area where I excised nasty personal remarks as a mark of discipline in
argument and respect for others]

dan