[thelist] CF passing URL.ID between frames ...

gary @ flipper gary at flipper.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 10:27:01 CST 2002

Hey evolters,
got my hands full with PHP upgrades right now :( so wondered if anyone could
help with this cold fusion quandary i have ...

i have 'inherited' work on a nested frames [yay] site using cfml ... and
need to link news articles directly from home page ... say: <a
href="/press/releases/release.cfm?ID=XXX">more</a>

but content frame is divided into:
+------------------------+
| main header frame      |
+------------------------+
|+----------------------+|
|| nested nav |  content||
|+----------------------+|
+------------------------+

so then i thought to put it in the frameset call like such:

<frame name="mainFrame" src="news.cfm?#URL.ID#" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">

but that loses the state ... doh.

any ideas would be most welcome as CF is not my strongest suit ... and so
onto the tip:

<tip type="windows" author="flipper">
Can't remember your hashed out passwords to: dialup, ftp etc? use Snadboy's
Revelation and all will be revealed. http://www.snadboy.com
</tip>

cheers
gary