[thelist] Converting dates

darren darren at web-bitch.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 10:35:01 CST 2002

On 28 February 2002 at 16:04:19, Faye Tarzwell(FayeC) <ftarzwell at fayec.com> wrote:

FTF> Hi,

FTF> Can anybody tell me where to find specific information on converting
FTF> dates for use in ASP?

the vbscript docs??

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winscript56/Install/5.6/W982KMeXP/EN-US/scrdoc56en.exe

have a look at the dateAdd and DatePart functions.

FTF> I have a table with a field for date which is filled during registration
FTF> using the date of the day in which that took place (now()).
FTF> I want to make a date comparison using that field.
FTF> Something like
FTF> datefield < now - 1 year...
FTF> Any tips?

how about:

  if dateField < DateAdd("yyyy", -1, Now())

also this is the sort of thing that you can get the database to do when
you're doing your select:

   select
      *
   from
      RegTable
   where
      DateField < DateAdd("yyyy", -1, GetDate())

would work in sqlserver.  might have to use the datepart function in other
db's.

hth,

darren.