[thelist] Good CC merchant account/system to use with ASP?

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 11:23:12 CST 2002

I'm looking for recommendations or insight on a good
credit card merchant account to use with our ASP
system.

Ideally, we'd send the user to the merchant's secure
page, they enter their info and make the payment, then
somehow returned to our site and we are told through
ASP whether they paid and if it was successful.

We don't really need a full shopping cart system, just
payment processing.

Someone mentioned Echo Online but I can't find any
real information on this system.  Also, authorize.net
but I'm not sure how their system works.

The budget is tight, of course.   Any suggestions or
insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!