[thelist] Remote restart of a Windows machine.

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Feb 28 14:03:01 CST 2002

>roland dunn wrote:
>>Does anyone know whether it is possible to remotely startup a Windows 2000
>>workstation machine that has been shutdown, if so how?
>>
>>I know it is possible to shut one down, but start one up?
>>Thanks, Roland.

My very favorite piece of hardware: (Watch for URL wrap)

http://www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AP9211&language=en&LOCAL.APCCountryCode=WW

Its web enabled so you can manage up to 8 machines via one web interface.

Remember that you have to set it the BIOS of the machine so that machine
re-starts on power restore, so that if you cycle the power the machine will
"wake up"
----
Anthony Baratta
President