[thelist] Re: Cranky Admins & Offlist Comments & Firetrace space...

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Feb 28 16:17:00 CST 2002

On Feb 28, Dayn Riegel @ NYAD, Inc. had something to say about [thelist]...

>--
>
>First things first...

you owe a tip

we all love this list. we all just want to keep it high quality.

it makes me cranky too when i see the quality temporarily faulter. I rely
on certain people (like djc) to make sure that it's just temporary.

<tip>
Sometimes the ends dont' justify the means. Today, I was asked by a client
to display a recordset of unknown amount in an unknown number of columns
in a table, sorted vertically in alphabetical order

I explained to them that this is a heck of a lot of work, mainly because
of the way tables are build in html (by row).

but, in the end, it's what the client wants. you tell them how much it
will cost. if they still want it, you do it.

this goes for a lot of things. if the client wants flying logos and
popups, tell them what you think about those features. if they still want
them, you have two choices:
	a. do it
	b. don't do it

you'll find yourself more successful if you make the client happy. and
you'll find that happening more often if you do a.

</tip>

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com