[thelist] Client Files & Backups

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 28 21:31:00 CST 2002

I have mirrored hard drives and daily tape back-up come as part my
hosting package. I replicate the data from SQL Server to my
development box here about once a month, and always have current
copies of every website on my Windows box and some of them on my Mac
as well. I burn everything to CD a few times a year. Yet I still have
anxiety that I could loose data; mostly worried about loosing emails
or having to set up the entire server again.

I've never quite been sure if the hard drive mirroring thing is
really happening (I didn't set it up) - there appears to be too much
free space on the inactive disk - how can I check this? (Win 2K)

>As both a Developer and a Host for my clients I was curious how
>others handled the daily, weekly, monthly, etc. backing up of their
>clients' data, sites, logs, etc.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/