[thelist] Going crazy w/a JS/IE6 issue

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 01:50:01 CST 2002

>Here is what is realy odd. The error only shows up if I change one form
>field on the form. In other words, if the data changes, the error shows
>up. The code works fine in Mozilla, and I was able to make the error go
>away if I commented out one line of code:
>
>           <TD nowrap><FONT class=label>&nbsp;<a
>href="javascript:openWin('fileviewloader.cfm?file=', 'detail_report',
>'width=550,height=400,toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menuBa
>r=0,scrollBars=1,resizable=1')">#filename#</a> &nbsp;</FONT></TD>
>
>Specifically, the URL in the href is what causes the problem. If I wrap
>the URL with <!--- (CFML comments) the issue goes away.

Weird problem, very weird. Two wild guesses:

1) My general advice in IE6-JavaScript problems: if you use a doctype,
remove it and see if that helps.
2) Remove the class from the FONT tag (or rather, the entire thing). I can't
remember exactly but there was something about CSS on FONT tags. And who
knows, it might help.

ppk