[thelist] [OT] Network connectivity in Mac OS X

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Fri Mar 1 02:47:00 CST 2002

I'm running OS X on a new iBook, and I'm having a lot of trouble with my
network preferences. I have two configurations saved--one for the internal
modem and one for an ethernet connection at work-- and I can't seem to get
the damned thing to remember when I switch between the two.

I open the network preferences panel, use the second pull-down menu to
switch from Internal Modem to Built-in Ethernet, then quit System
Preferences--but if I re-open the preferences panel immediately, it's back
on Internal Modem again.

Any ideas?

Thanks & regards
Mark Howells