Bilingual site (was Re: [thelist] PhpNuke, Postnuke, phpwebsite, which one?)

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Fri Mar 1 09:14:20 CST 2002

I'm not really familiar with the structure of  PhpNuke or PostNuke, but I
think you'd have to do a fair bit of hacking on phpWebSite to accomplish
this. Basically, you're going to have to have duplicate database tables for
things like the announcements and links, and have the CMS determine which
one to use (presumably all users will have to log in or accept the default
language).

Actually, doing the coding might not be so difficult, but figuring out where
to make the changes will be. I don't think there's a lot of detailed
documentation on how the innards of phpWebSite works.

Dan
Dan Romanchik - FreeAgent Writer, Editor,  and Web Developer
dan at danromanchik.com, 734-930-6564