[thelist] DreamWeaver: Comparing remote server to local site

J Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Fri Mar 1 09:22:00 CST 2002

> Failing the ability to do it in DW, is there anything Mac-centric I could
> get (preferably free- or shareware) that would tell me this sort of thing?

You can get Emacs (I know there's a vers. for OS X, maybe classic
too -- check Sourceforge.net or gnu.org) (or any other decent text
editor, really), download the remote file, and compare the two . . .
Emacs has a (or uses a) program called EDiff which will compare two
files line by line & point out all the lines which are different. . .

hth,
j isaac swiderski

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski            jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
      135 w lorain ocmr 2678 // oberlin oh 44074-1081
      home : 900 barton dr // ann arbor mi 48105-1232

"Bacchic worshippers rave until they see what they desire."
                           -Philo